Your guide will meet you in the spectacular St. Mark square or at your hotel, if located in the St. Mark’s area, for a three hour tour of Venice. Your journey features a two hour walking tour of this stunning city combined with a one hour boat tour of Venice’s canals.
The city’s harmonious blend of Eastern and Western artistic styles will be the spectacular frame for this tour dedicated to Venice’s glorious past. The slow pace will allow you to discover and enjoy the most important monuments of this once powerful maritime republic.
Your tour will begin with the Doge’s Palace, a palace built with rose and pink marble during the 4th century to house the Doge and the government of the Republic of Venice. The interior is richly decorated with artworks from several famous Renaissance artists such as Veronese, Tintoretto and Titian. From the Doge’s Palace you will see the famous Bridge of Sighs, which links the palace to the prisons to more easily transfer prisoners. Due to its beauty, the bridge is now considered one of the most romantic sights in Venice.
Your tour will then take you to visit the Basilica di San Marco, often referred to as the Golden Cathedral because of the five Byzantine domes that crown it. The Basilica was originally built in 832, then rebuilt in 978 following a fire, however the one we admire today was actually consecrated in 1094. Boasting rich decorations inside and out, the cathedral also contains the mummy of Saint Mark, whose bones were stolen from Egypt by two Venetian merchants.
Next you will explore the impressive Piazza San Marco, symbol of Venice and one of the most famous squares in the world. Bask in its grandeur and admire the buildings, made in different architectural styles, which surround it.
The tour continues with a private boat tour of the most picturesque side canals of Venice. Gliding through Venice’s minor canals, you’ll be introduced to the splendid palaces, churches, bridges, gardens and warehouses lining the city’s liquid streets. Your luxurious motor launch boat tour brings the magic of Venice alive.
After your tour you are free to continue exploring Venice on your own.
– Expert local guide at disposal (3 hours)
– Doge’s Palace entrance fees and reservation (skip the line)
– St. Mark’s Basilica reservation (skip the line)
– One hour boat tour
– Visit of Doge’s Palace
– Visit of St. Mark’s Basilica
– Bridge of Sighs
– St. Mark’s square
– Side Canals
– Confirmation will be received at time of booking
– Voucher and detailed operator information, including local emergency numbers will be received three weeks before the date of your tour.
– Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
– The dress code for men and women is strictly enforced at St. Mark’s Basilica. No shorts, bare shoulders or miniskirts.
– The tour is not fully accessible for wheelchairs or people with walking disabilities.
Pick-up at your accommodation if located in the St. Mark’s area or in St. Mark’s square, more detail at booking
St. Mark square