Points of interest
Private Lake Maggiore Tour
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
april to october
pick-up at your hotel, more details at booking
Your Private Lake Maggiore Tour will take you on a lovely journey to discover the charming Borromean Islands and the beautiful town of Stresa.
Your driver and guide will meet you at your accommodation in Milan to take you on a full day excursion. Your journey will start immediately while you enjoy the stunning views from the car. Your first destination will be the enchanting Stresa. The towns is located on the river of the gorgeous Lake Maggiore in the Italian Lake Region. From here you will board a private boat that will bring you to discover the unique Borromean Islands.
Once simple fisherman villages during the 16th century the aristocratic Borromeo Family bought the islands and hired the most famous architects and gardeners to restyle them. There are three islands: Isola Bella, Isola dei Pescatori and Isola Madre. You will visit the first two.
The marvellous Baroque Palace built during the 17th century is the main attraction of the Isola Bella. The Palace has also stunning gardens and six natural grottos; each grottos was decorated with shells and contrasting stones!
Isola dei Pescatori is the most picturesque of the archipelago. It is still inhabited by the descendent of the fishermen left there by the Borromeo. Its narrow street and perfectly preserved buildings seem untouched by the time. There are many typical shops and mouth-watering restaurants! At the end of your tour we suggest you to try one of them!
After the visit of the islands it is time to go back to Stresa and discover its beauty!
Also Stresa was just a poor village when the Borromeo Family arrived centuries ago! They transformed it into a gorgeous town where the European aristocracy loved to retreat during the summer’s months. At the beginning of the 17th centuries many stunning Villas were built. Today you can still enjoy a walk around these beautiful Villas and their gardens while overlooking the lovely Lake Maggiore!
At the end of the tour you will return to your accommodations in Milan.
– Expert English speaking driver coordinator
– Round trip transportation with private car
– Private Boat for Borromean Islands’ cruise
– Entrance fees to Borromean Islands
– Isola Bella
– Isola dei Pescatori
– Lake Maggiore
– Confirmation will be received at time of booking
– Voucher and detailed operator information, including local emergency numbers will be received three weeks before the date of your tour.
– The dress code for men and women is strictly enforced in churches. No shorts, bare shoulders or miniskirts. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
– Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
Pick-up at your accommodation
Drop-off at your accommodation