Points of Interest
Private Venice Walking Tour
09:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
St Mark’s Square or your hotel if located St Mark area, more details at booking
Your guide will meet you at your hotel for a two hour walking tour of Venice. The city’s harmonious blend of Eastern and Western artistic styles will be the spectacular frame for this tour dedicated to Venice’s glorious past. The slow pace will allow you to discover and enjoy the most important monuments of this once powerful maritime republic.
You will begin with the Doge’s Palace, a palace built with rose and pink marble to house the Doge and the government of the Republic of Venice. The interior is richly decorated with artworks from several famous Renaissance artists such as Veronese, Tintoretto and Titian. From the Doge’s Palace you will see the famous Bridge of Sighs, which links the palace to the prisons to more easily transfer prisoners. Due to its beauty, the bridge is now considered one of the most romantic sights in Venice.
Your tour will then take you to visit the Basilica di San Marco, often referred to as the Golden Cathedral because of the five Byzantine domes that crown it. The Basilica was originally built in 832, then rebuilt in 978 following a fire, however the one we admire today was actually consecrated in 1094. Boasting rich decorations inside and out, the cathedral also contains the mummy of Saint Mark, whose bones were stolen from Egypt by two Venetian merchants.
You will conclude your tour in the impressive Piazza San Marco, symbol of Venice and one of the most famous squares in the world. Bask in its grandeur and admire the buildings, made in different architectural styles, which surround it. From here, you are free to continue exploring Venice on your own.
– Expert local guide at disposal
– Skip the line – reservation and entrance fees at Doge’s Palace
– Skip the line – reservation at St Mark’s Basilica
– St Mark’s Square
– Doge’s Palace
– Bridge of Sighs
– St Mark’s Basilica
– Confirmation will be received at time of booking
– Voucher and detailed operator information, including local emergency numbers will be received three weeks before the date of your tour.
– Adult pricing applies to all travelers
– The dress code for men and women is strictly enforced at St. Mark’s Basilica. No shorts, bare shoulders or miniskirts.
St Mark’s Square
Concludes St. Mark’s Basilica