Points of Interest
Private Siena walking tour
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
San Domenico Church , more details at booking
Your Private Siena Walking Tour will begin with a visit to the Basilica of San Domenico, a 13th century Gothic church much frequented for its venerated relics of Saint Catherine, patron saint of Italy and Europe.
Your tour will continue to the Banca Monte dei Paschi, a magnificent palace-like bank that was founded in 1472; it is considered to be the oldest surviving bank in Europe and is in fact still active.
From here, your guide will walk you to the nearby Piazza del Campo, a shell-shaped square that is the undoubted center of Siena’s vibrant city life. As your guide will explain, this is where the famed and exhilarating Palio horse race takes place twice a year. Ten representatives from the seventeen districts of Siena will ride bareback around the Piazza at breakneck speeds for the chance to win the Palio.
Following a brief stop at the Palazzo Chigi-Saracini, which houses the Accademia Musicale Chigiana, you will arrive at the Cathedral of Saint Mary of the Assumption, also known as the Duomo di Siena. This marvelous medieval cathedral made of white marble is one of Siena’s most impressive architectural wonders, a mixture of Classical, French Gothic and Tuscan Romanesque styles.
From here you will be free to continue to explore on your own this wonderful city!
– Expert local guide at disposal
Siena historical city centre
– Piazza del Campo
– San Domenico Church
– Cathedral of Saint Mary of the Assumption
– Confirmation will be received at time of booking
– Voucher and detailed operator information, including local emergency numbers will be received three weeks before the date of your tour.
– Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
– The dress code for men and women is strictly enforced in Churches. No shorts, bare shoulders or miniskirts.
San Domenico church
Duomo di Siena