Points of interest
Private Ostia Antica Tour
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, SUN
Pick-up at your hotel, more details at booking
Your private driver and guide will pick you up from your accommodation in Rome to take you on an exciting 4 hour tour dedicated to Ostia Antica.
During the short drive from Rome, only 30 kilometers, your guide will give you some background historical information preparing you for your visit of this town which is believed to be one of Rome’s first colonies.
This ancient town is so well preserved that as you walk around you will be able to see what would have been the daily life of a roman. This large archaeological site has an amazing collection of well-preserved frescoes, buildings and gorgeous mosaics.
Your guided tour will including the oldest buildings discovered, the military camp and the Temple of Jupiter Juno and Minerva, dated around the 3 century BC. Enjoy the gorgeous mosaics and frescoes, as you sit for few minutes on the stairs of the elegant theater.
You will be able to see the many transformations of the city unveiled before your eyes. Ostia was a major port for the Roman Empire; the beautiful city then, during the late Roman era, turned into a country retreat for the Roman aristocracy; while after the fall of the empire sadly it became an unstable town constantly attacked by pirates.
At the end of your guided tour meet your driver again for your return to Rome.
– Round trip transportation with private car
– Expert English speaking local guide at disposal
– Entrance Fees at Ostia Antica Archaeological Park
– Visit of Ostia Antica Archaeological Park
– Visit of Military Camp
– Visit of Temple of Jupiter Juno and Minerva
– Visit of the Ancient Theater
– Confirmation will be received at time of booking
– Voucher and detailed operator information, including local emergency numbers will be received three weeks before the date of your tour.
– Adult pricing applies to all travelers
– We suggest wearing comfortable shoes and clothes as Ostia Antica has uneven terrain. During summer we suggest to bring a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water.
Pick-up at your accommodation
Drop-off at your accommodation