Points of Interest
Private Angels & Demons Tour
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
Pick-up at your hotel, more details at booking
This fascinating tour of Rome follows the footsteps of the protagonist from Dan Brown’s best-selling novel “Angels and Demons”. Meet with your private guide and driver at your hotel to get started. You will have the car at your disposal for the duration of the tour.
Your first stop will be the Basilica of Santa Maria Del Popolo, an Augustinian church built in the 15th century, where you will be able to admire the Ceraci Chapel canvasses by Caravaggio and the Chigi Chapel designed by Raphael. After that you will visit the Church of Santa Maria della Vittoria, a Baroque church which houses Bernini’s masterpiece: ”The Ecstasy of St. Teresa”.
From there you will continue by car to Tiber Island, taking the panoramic view, then to Piazza della Minerva. Nearby is the Pantheon, an ancient temple once dedicated to the old Roman gods, best known for its stunning architecture, sculptures, tombs, and the impressive oculus that lets daylight into the building. Continue to Piazza Navona where you will see another work of art by Bernini: the magnificent ”Fountain of the Four Rivers’’, an Egyptian obelisk rising from its middle. These four rivers are the Nile, representing Africa; the Danube, representing Europe; the Ganges, representing Asia; and the Río de la Plata, representing America.
From Piazza Navona, you will continue to the Castel Sant’Angelo, also known as the Mausoleum of Hadrian, and the Passetto di Borgo, a long corridor which connects Castel Sant’Angelo to the Vatican. Last but not least, you will visit Saint Peter’s Basilica, the largest sanctuary of Christianity where proportions appear to have been forgotten in an amazing triumph of marble, bronze and mosaic works. The Basilica is the most famous example of Renaissance architecture and hosts an impressive collection of artworks and religious artifacts.
The tour will end in Saint Peter’s Square from where you can take a taxi back to the hotel or continue sightseeing on your own.
– Private car and river at disposal for the duration of the tour
– Expert local guide at disposal
– Skip the line – reservation and entrance fees at Colosseum
– Castel Sant Angelo entrance fees
– Piazza del Popolo
– Church Santa Maria del Popolo
– Church Santa Maria della Vittoria
– Piazza della Minerva
– Piazza Navona
– Castel Sant Angelo
– Confirmation will be received at time of booking
– Voucher and detailed operator information, including local emergency numbers will be received three weeks before the date of your tour.
– Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
– The dress code for men and women is strictly enforced in Churches. No bare shoulders, miniskirts or shorts.
Pick-up at your accommodation
St. Peter’s square