Points of interest
Private Genoa Food Tour
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
Old POrt, more details at booking
Meet your private guide at the designated area in the characteristic Old Port where your Private Genoa Food Tour will start!
Your tour will lead you through the narrow streets of Genoa’s Caruggi area on an exploration of the city’s most famous old shops that sell the typical Italian street food. Stroll through the charming Caruggi’s old alleys is a unique experiences; here the time stopped long ago and you will find yourself wondering around little old “botteghe” (shops) that have been probably around for decades!
Your guide will help you to discover this characteristic district; you will pass through a typical open air market in which you will be able to discover many regional delicatessen, understanding the kind of fresh products that grow in the area and that are an essential part of the Ligurian cuisine!
Your next stop will be a little shop where you will be introduced to the most popular local dishes. Here you will finally start your tasting! You will be offered pesto bruschette, classic bruschette with EVOO, typical cold cuts with Farinata di Ceci and mouth-watering fragrant fried fishes!
At the end of your tasting your tour will continue until you will reach Piazza De Ferrari. Here your tour will end. We suggest you to keep exploring this beautiful city that has so much to offer to its visitors!
– Expert local English speaking guide
– Piazza De Ferrari
– Old Port
– Confirmation will be received at time of booking
– Voucher and detailed operator information, including local emergency numbers will be received three weeks before the date of your tour.
– The dress code for men and women is strictly enforced in churches. No shorts, bare shoulders or miniskirts. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
– Adult pricing applies to all travellers.
Old Port, more details at booking
Piazza de Ferraris