Points of interest
Private Venice Jewish Ghetto Tour
1 hour 45 minutes
mon, TUe, Wed, Thu, fri, sun
Rialto bridge, more details at booking
Your guide will meet you at the spectacular Rialto Bridge for your Private Venice Jewish Ghetto Tour. Your journey features a one hour walking tour of the unique Cannaregio Sestriere and a 45 minutes visit of the incredible Venice’s Synagogues and Jewish Museum.
Your tour will start immediately while your guide will unveil in front of your eyes the beauty of this charming city. Starting your visit from the stunning Rialto Bridge is a perfect example of what Venice can offers you. The bridge was built originally in wood and it was destroyed many times, the famous bridge that we can admire today it was erected only at the end of the 16th century. Today this is the emblem of Venice!
You now will head to the Cannaregio Sestriere. This district was mostly developed during the Renaissance so what you will experience is a very different Venice compared to the medieval one. Your guide will bring you around where once artists like Titian and Tintoretto came for inspiration!
Your next destination is the Venetian Ghetto established in the Cannaregio Sestriere during the 16th century. Part of the area was closed with gates and controlled by guard in order to be sure that no Jews could leave the district between sunset and sunrise. The Venetian Ghetto is one of the less touristic area of the city. Your guide will show you the different architecture features of this area with its taller building and unique synagogues.
Your tour will bring you to visit the distinctive Venice’s Synagogues, built on top of other buildings in order to respect the law which forbade to build separate synagogues. From here at the end of the tour you are free to continue exploring the fascinating Venice on your own.
– Expert local guide at disposal (1 hour)
– Synagogues and Jewish Museum entrance fees
– Synagogues and Jewish Museum guide (45 minutes)
– Visit of Venice’s Synagogues
– Visit of Jewish Museum
– Rialto Bridge
– Cannaregio Sestriere
– Confirmation will be received at time of booking
– Voucher and detailed operator information, including local emergency numbers will be received three weeks before the date of your tour.
– Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
– The dress code for men and women is strictly enforced in Churches. No shorts, bare shoulders or miniskirts.
– The tour is not fully accessible for wheelchairs or people with walking disabilities.
1 hour 45 minutes