Points of interest
Private Genoa Walking Tour
09:30 AM – 02:00 pm
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
Piazza de ferrari, more details at booking
Meet your private guide in the beautiful Piazza De Ferrari to start your two hour Genoa Walking Tour. Your guide will unveil in front of your eyes the beauty of this charming seaport town.
Sited in the heart of Genoa Piazza De Ferrari is called by the Genoeses the “city” because the most significant buildings of Genoa are placed either in the Piazza or very close to it. Right in the center of the square is located the famous Bronze Fountain, one of the symbols of the city.
Your fist stop will be the Cathedral of St Lawrence, the Genoa’s Duomo, founded in the 5th century AD. The actual Church was built during the 13th century after a terrible fire destroyed the previous one. Inside the church you will admire the beautiful frescoes, paintings and statues that were added during the centuries.
You will now explore the most characteristic areas of Genoa: the Caruggi. Your guide will walk you through these unique alleys where you will discover the real Genoa. Small shops (botteghe) with their typical products, workshops where artisans still work like their ancestors.. get ready to travel back in time!
Your walk will end when you will reach the gorgeous Old Port, Porto Antico, the oldest part of the Genoa’s harbor. Built during the 15th century the dock was modernized at the end of the millennium. In 1992 for the Columbus celebration the famous architect Renzo Piano remodeled the oldest parts of the Port. He gave back to the Genoeses an area neglected for too many years!
Here your guided tour will end; we suggest you to continue explore the Port visiting the famous Aquarium or one of the many museums located in the area, or to simply relax sitting at one of the many bars and restaurants overlooking the sea!
– English speaking local guide (2 hours)
– Visit of Duomo of St Lawrence
– Visit of Piazza De Ferrari
– Visit of the Caruggi Area
– Visit of the Old Port
– Piazza De Ferrari
– Duomo of St Lawrence
– Caruggi Area
– Old Port
– Confirmation will be received at time of booking
– Voucher and detailed operator information, including local emergency numbers will be received three weeks before the date of your tour.
– Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
– The dress code for men and women is strictly enforced in churches. No shorts, bare shoulders or miniskirts. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
Piazza De Ferrari, more details at booking