Points of Interest
Showing the single result
Private Montalcino & Brunello Wine Tour
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Pick up at your Hotel, more details at booking
Your driver will meet you at your hotel to take you on your full day excursion to the medieval town of Montalcino, travelling through the land that produces the fine Brunello wine.
You will be driven via Brunello Road, then through the dusty and narrow wandering roads that disappear from view amidst the meandering clay hills of Siena. Old farmhouses surrounded by ancient Cyprus trees stand as a testimonial to an agricultural past. Before arriving to Montalcino, you will make a brief stop to visit the Siena Clay Hills, a strange moon-like landscape that is the subject of many photos and artworks in Tuscany.
Continue to the Abbey of Sant’Antimo, an impressive monastery whose true origins are wrapped in mystery. Discover its fascinating architecture and religious treasures, and even assist with the Gregorian Melodies. Get back to your driver to finally reach Montalcino, a charming fortified hilltop town best known for its medieval architecture and production of the prestigious Brunello wine. This wine is a medium bodied dark red with a fruity aroma and dark, peppery notes. You will have the opportunity to visit one of Montalcino’s famous wineries where you will enjoy a wine tasting accompanied by local cheeses and cold cuts.
– Round trip transportation with private car
– Expert English speaking driver and guide
– Visit of Abbey of St Antimo
– Visit of Montalcino
– Wine Tasting and snack in a local wine estate
-Wine tasting of Brunello wine, Altero wine and Madre wine
– Val d’Orcia
– Abbey of St Antimo
– Visit of local Brunello vineyard and cellars
– Brunello wine tasting and other two local wines
– Confirmation will be received at time of booking
– Voucher and detailed operator information, including local emergency numbers will be received three weeks before the date of your tour.
– Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
– The dress code for men and women is strictly enforced in Churches. No shorts, bare shoulders or miniskirts.
Pick-up at your accommodation
Drop-off at your Accommodation