Points of interest
Basilica of San Clemente
Showing the single result
Private Underground Rome Tour
MON, Thu, Fri, Sat, SUN
Pick-up at your hotel, more details at booking
Your private guide and driver will meet you at your hotel to take you on your intriguing tour of the underground Rome. The four hour tour will start after getting picked up at your hotel by your guide and driver, and will guide you through the exploration of the treasures hidden below the road surface.
The first stop will be in the elegant Via Veneto, near the beautiful Piazza Barberini. Here concealed under the 17th century church of Santa Maria della Concezione dei Cappucini there is the Capuchin Crypt. The Crypt is decorated with bones of 4000 Capuchin friars. The bones are shown in order to make people reflect on subjects like life and death.
Your journey will then bring you close to the Colosseum in Via Labicana. Here the 12th century Basilica of San Clemente will show you how the Eternal City was built, layer after layer. The Basilica was constructed above a 4th-century church that was built out of a Roman nobleman’s home, which, previously, was developed on top of first-century Roman buildings.
Also the beautiful Basilica of Santi Giovanni e Paolo hides a major archeological site: the stunning residential buildings famous as Case Romane del Celio. Explore one of the best conserved Roman complexes is a unique experience!
At the end of the tour you will be returned to your hotel.
– Round trip transportation with private car
– Expert English speaking guide and driver
– Entrance Fees at Capuchin Crypt, Basilica of San Clemente, Case Romane al Celio
– Visit of Capuchin Crypt
– Visit of Basilica of San Clemente
– Visit of Case Romane al Celio
– Confirmation will be received at time of booking
– Voucher and detailed operator information, including local emergency numbers will be received three weeks before the date of your tour.
– Adult pricing applies to all travelers
– The dress code for men and women is strictly enforced in churches. No shorts, bare shoulders or miniskirts. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
Pick-up at your accommodation
Drop-off at your accommodation