Your private driver will pick you up in the morning to take you on a fascinating full day excursion to Pompeii and Naples. Your journey will start immediately while you enjoy the fantastic views form the car.
Your first stop will be the unique ancient city of Pompeii. Here you will meet your private guide that will unfold in front of your eyes the exceptional history of this little gem. Buried under meters of ash in 79 AD, when the Vesuvius erupted, the city was perfectly preserved. You will have the amazing opportunity to travel back in time as your guide takes you through the archeological park, walking you along the same streets that were once frequented by Romans. During your visit you will discover the public baths, forums, and villas built and used by the inhabitants of Pompeii, as well as a collection of artifacts – from household items to jewelry – recovered from the ashes. You will marvel at the incredibly well-preserved frescoes which still adorn the walls and floors of the villas, and which have allowed visitors and researchers alike to glimpse into what life was like at the time.
At the end of your tour you will have free time to eat on your own. Choose one of the many restaurant of traditional Campania’s food located right outside the Archeological Park! After lunch meet with your driver again to continue your journey.
Your next stop will be the Naples National Archeological Museum one of the most important Italian museums. Together with your guide you will discover the unique collections of Roman antiquities, Egyptian artifacts and beautiful pieces of the Renaissance period. Once your visit will end your guide will bring you to Piazza del Plebiscito, Naples’ main square. Here you will be able to see the Royal Palace, a grand structure that was once the residence of the Bourbon Kings. Nearby is the San Carlo Opera House, considered the oldest continuously active theatre in Europe since it was opened to the public in 1737. The Gallery of Umberto I, just across from the opera house, is a large shopping gallery with beautiful high glass vaulted ceilings and many shops and cafes.
After the tour of the piazza will end together with your driver you will enjoy a fascinating ride around this charming city filled with a long history and bustling with lively locals. Driving along the Lungomare Caracciolo you will admire one of the most spectacular views over the Gulf of Naples. You will also be able to see the impressive Castel Dell’Ovo, the oldest castle in Naples and one of the most famous standing attractions in the gulf.
After the tour ends your driver will bring you back to your accommodations.
– Round trip transportation with private car
– Expert English speaking driver coordinator
– Tour of Pompeii Archaeological Park with local guide (2 hours)
– Tour of Naples National Archaeological Museum with a local expert guide (1 hour)
– Visit of Naples historical center with a local expert guide (1 and 1/2 hour)
– Panoramic Drive of Naples Promenade
– Pompeii Archaeological Park entrance fees and reservation (skip the line)
– Naples National Archaeological Museum entrance fees
– Visit of Pompeii Archaeological Park
– Visit of Naples National Archaeological Museum
– Visit of Piazza del Plebiscito
– Castel Dell’Ovo
– Lungomare Caracciolo
– Royal Palace
– San Carlo Opera House
– Gallery Umberto I
– Castel Nuovo
– Gulf of Naples
– Confirmation will be received at time of booking
– Voucher and detailed operator information, including local emergency numbers will be received three weeks before the date of your tour.
– Adult pricing applies to all travelers
– We suggest to wear comfortable shoes and clothes as Pompeii Archaeological Park has uneven terrain. During summer we suggest to bring a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water.
Pick-up at your accommodation
Drop-off at your accommodation